Saturday, August 27, 2005

Rhetorical Questions

Was she thinner than me? Was she prettier? Sexier? Was she single? Does she have kids, or is her body unsullied? Is she young? Was she smarter than me? Funnier? More interesting? Could you talk with her about things I can't? Did you kiss her first? Did you take her hand and lead her to your bed? Was it fumbling and urgent or did you take your time and savor her skin? Did she ask you go down on her or did you make that choice? Did you kneel before her in worship? Did she taste better than me? Did you make her come? Did she buck her hips against your mouth? Did it satisfy you? Did you take her nipples between your teeth and make her breath hitch with the sting? Did she suck your cock? Did she wrap her mouth around you and suck you dry? Did she look up at you as you pounded the back of her throat? Did her tongue find the darkness in you? When you fucked her, did she talk to you? Did she tell you she liked it? That she wanted it? Was her pussy tight? Did she grip you hard? Did you look into her eyes or did you fuck her from behind? Did you fuck her in the ass? Did you want to? Did you talk afterward? Laugh? Did she stay the night? Was she a goddess or did you settle for less?

I don't want answers. I just wanted to ask the questions. I actually know that it doesn't matter. What matters is that you shared an intimacy with someone that I was not a party to. You've said you wouldn't fuck someone else even with my permission, even if I wanted you to because it would turn me on. But you'll take someone else without me.

Is this unfair? You bet. This is only one moment in time, surrounded by a million others in which you've shone like the sun. And in the end, this ain't gonna matter. It doesn't really matter now. But here, I don't have to be fair. I can just be hurt.

No comments: