Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Spear Through My Heart

The other night, my beautiful, smart, amazing four year-old daughter, sat crying on her bed after a time out. As she sobbed, she told me that she's always "just bad," that she'll "never fit in anywhere," and that she doesn't "belong here in this world."

Oh. God.

I cannot describe the pain and dread I felt when she said that. Obviously I tried to reassure her that she is wonderful and that she DOES belong in this world and that she WILL fit in, but she didn't seem to believe me. I'd chalk it up to melodrama and hystrionics, but with my history of depression-heavy bipolar disorder, complete with those very same albeit unspoken feelings, I can't bring myself to just dismiss it.

My heart is breaking right now and I don't know what to do.

No comments: